Has anyone seen one of these?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oct28481.jpg
[/IMG]

a mini hot water bottle.

they are 9 inches long, and are stamped `BS 1970;1984`

would anyone be interested in a group buy of these? They are availible in yellow, blue and purple as well as orange

say, £1.50 inc post for one
£2.50 for two.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
When we go camping my wife never goes without her hotty! However, we have discovered that if you put some hot water in a sigg bottle then put that in a sock it does just as wee + it saves on the weight of the rubber bottle. :)

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Don't realy need one Tengu but i had a thought about dual purpose. If they expand reasonably well it could always be used as a water bladder by day. Infact i may look into getting a big one as a bladder for my LK35 which has a bladder pocket.
Looks good though. :)

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
Bilko i have a LK35 aswell and would love to hear how you install the hot water bottle / bladder and how you get on with it, if it turns out any good i think i will install one my self
leon

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
Now iv'e dropped myself in it :lmao:
It's a bottle that carries water, possibly 1 to 2 litres. It's far more robust than an ordinary bladder. There is a pocket inside the back of the pack that could easily accomodate a large waterbottle. The weight of water is more evenly distributed than a normal bottle.
Ok, bad idea, it was 4am this morning after work.

Move along, nothing to see here :D

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
lol bilko, you really have droped yourself in it
i want to know more about installing this water bottle bladder, would you have a straw running out of the pack from the water bottle so that you could have a drink while you were walking, if so how would you attatch the straw to the water bottle

leon

bilko

Settler
May 16, 2005
SE london
There is no straw Leon, it's a hot water bottle that happily carries cold water as well :) . Unscrew top, fill with water, replace top and pop the whole thing inside the pocket in the back of your rucksac.
Sorry for the hijack folks :eek:

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
oh i thought you were going to attach a straw and use it to drink while you were walking with your rucksack, sorry i must have got you wrong
sorry to hi jack the thread guys
leon

Voivode

Forager
Oct 24, 2006
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
leon-b said:
oh i thought you were going to attach a straw and use it to drink while you were walking with your rucksack, sorry i must have got you wrong
sorry to hi jack the thread guys
leon

Such things do actually exist, and that's what the pocket in the back of your pack is most likely for. Camelbak, Platypus and MSR all make so called hydration systems which consist of a bladder, hose and bite valve for drinking on the go. Our group all carry them, in sizes ranging from 2L to 4L. They do indeed evenly distribute the weight of the water, as bilko pointed out. As a bonus, they are equpped to hang from a branch so you have a gravity fed water supply in camp.

http://www.msrcorp.com/hydration/

Is an example.

The hot water bottle could be modified if one could find a threaded cap to be fitted with some tubing. Add a valve and you're on your way!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE