Happy Valentines Day! How Sad Am I? (spoon)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
P2140404_zpse5447636.jpg

I've been working on this love spoon lately, and the sad (pathetic!) thing is there is no Mrs Muddypaws to give it to, nor likely any prospect of one on the horizon. I just carved it 'cos I like carving!
It needs a bit more work cleaning up the inside curves of the knotwork. If there is an easy way to get a good finish on wood in tight spaces without resorting to abrasive paper then I have yet to discover it.

Thanks for looking.

crowman

Forager
Oct 27, 2009
derbyshire
i have bought my wife a love spoon every year since we have been together she loves them ive not got the patience to carve her one myself though but will have too one day ,yours is superb and thehand carving looks so much nicer than the mass produced ones , the hand carved ones have real love put into them ,you should market them i would buy one , cheers crowman.

Llwyd

Forager
Jan 6, 2013
Eastern Canada
I've been working on this love spoon lately, and the sad (pathetic!) thing is there is no Mrs Muddypaws to give it to, nor likely any prospect of one on the horizon.

Women don't want carving they want poetry...

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have a knife...
Get in the car!

You obviously have a knife if you made the spoon. Food for thought...:D

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have a knife...
Get in the car!

You obviously have a knife if you made the spoon. Food for thought...:D

Roses are red...
Violets are blue...
The smell of the toilet,
Reminds me of you!!! :nana:

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I have a knife...
Get in the car!
You are a bad man Llywd!:D Made me laugh though, although I must say " Kids - don't listen to the bad man! "

Roses are red...
Violets are blue...
The smell of the toilet,
Reminds me of you!!! :nana:

And now we go from bad to verse - Niels you have missed your calling as a romantic poet. :yelrotflm

To everyone - thanks for the positive comments!

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
nice work. I started carving a spood for mrs w but it is still in the toolbox waiting for me to have time to finish it. I've never had to resort to abrasives, if you work with the grain using a fine blade to get into the tight corners, with a scraping action take fine shavings. always work with the grain

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
nice work. I started carving a spood for mrs w but it is still in the toolbox waiting for me to have time to finish it. I've never had to resort to abrasives, if you work with the grain using a fine blade to get into the tight corners, with a scraping action take fine shavings. always work with the grain

Thanks for the advice. Today I have been grinding a bit of HSS hacksaw blade into a mini cabinet scraper. It comes to a fine point so I can get it into the tight corners, and it seems to do the job just fine.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE