Happy St. Andrews day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Apparently he is supposed to help out with sore throats!!! and considering my name is Andrew how come I have one on today of all days!!!

Happy St Andrews Day all.
Andy

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
First of all - happy st andrews day to one and all. :D

Secondly: there seems to be a lot of hype around St Andrews day this year, whats the craic? usually it goes unnoticed except in schools.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No idea :dunno: but I have a beautiful clear blue sky here, and the jets heading for Abbotsinch have left contrails making a Saltire :D :D Absolutely beautiful to see :D........of course it's supposed to drop to -5C tonight :eek:

cheers,
M

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Secondly: there seems to be a lot of hype around St Andrews day this year, whats the craic? usually it goes unnoticed except in schools.

I think they're talking it up as the climax to the whole "Homecoming Scotland" shebang... Can't say I've ever given it much mind - I thought we quit that sort of thing back in the Reformation.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
It's my birthday!

Very proud to share it with our patron Saint.

Coming around quicker every year though.

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Ah, St Andrew, kids in Tenerife bang pans in celebration of St Andrews day.

It's still taught in RMPS in high Schools, still part of the compulsory curriculum.

Nick

........Tenerife and Scotland also share the same flag... which is down to San Andrés again. Brother of fisherman and disciple, San Pedro (Saint Peter), San Andrés was crucified on a saltire (x-shaped) cross from which he is said to have preached for two days. Hence the flag of Tenerife, like that of Scotland, has a white X on a blue background.......

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Cheers guys!

I've wat the thrapple,wee bit room for more though...:D.

I've been on the tube watchin' everythin' fae Andy Stewart to Iron Maiden and 'Clansman':D

Oh an' Clanadonia,got their cd for ma b/day.
They play the streets o' the toons.

See them on you tube...brilliant!

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
As the title says, happy st.Andrews day one and all :D

Ed

Thanks for the good wishes. Just back from the Isle of Skye where we spent our 25th wedding anniversary on St Andrews Day. The weather was warm and sunny with blue sky and we had a great walk through oak, birch and holly woods and could see over 40 miles it was so clear. Life can be good sometimes.:) However, we came back to 3 inches of snow at home!:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE