Hang 29th JUNE at bush farm? wiltshire.near dorset somerset border

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Feel free ... they're public domain now. The video is good too!! And feel free to repost the link.

Great pics Arry I'm missing your most wise teachings already could you post your jar/ golf ball script for me please so I can share it among some other needly people :D

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Looks like you all had a great time, nice pics and report, some familiar faces there too, and you have all now had the pleasure of Arry, counselling for a few on the horizon!

Atb.

Ivan...

Arry

Dec 11, 2011
Eastleigh Hants
For those of you that weren't there ... we were 'putting the world to rights' discussing values. I read out some philosophy that I had on my phone because it has 'inspired' me.

I can only take credit for 'foraging' it from the web, and reading it. It was written by some unknown (to me) 'genius' and all the credit should go to them.

"Inspiration
MUST READ!!

A professor stood before his philosophy class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, he wordlessly picked up a very large and empty mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with golf balls. He then asked the students if the jar was full. They agreed that it was.

The professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles rolled into the open areas between the golf balls. He then asked the students again if the jar was full. They agreed it was.

The professor next picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else. He asked once more if the jar was full. The students responded with a unanimous ‘yes.’

The professor then produced two Beers from under the table and poured the entire contents into the jar effectively filling the empty space between the sand.The students laughed..

‘Now,’ said the professor as the laughter subsided, ‘I want you to recognize that this jar represents your life. The golf balls are the important things—-your family, your children, your health, your friends and your favorite passions—-and if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full. The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house and your car. The sand is everything else—-the small stuff.

‘If you put the sand into the jar first,’ he continued, ‘there is no room for the pebbles or the golf balls. The same goes for life.

If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff you will never have room for the things that are important to you.

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness.

Spend time with your children. Spend time with your parents. Visit with grandparents. Take your spouse out to dinner. Play another 18 holes. There will always be time to clean the house and mow the lawn.

Take care of the golf balls first—-the things that really matter. Set your priorities. The rest is just sand.

One of the students raised her hand and inquired what the Beer represented. The professor smiled and said, ‘I’m glad you asked.’ The Beer just shows you that no matter how full your life may seem, there’s always room for a couple of Beers with a friend."

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Oh that's right on my doorstep! Trust me to miss it by a week.

Shall have to keep my eyes open for next time. Was it signposted as the Pow Wow?

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
the powwow is a different event not organised by me,but the same place,check out the new thread for woodland camping 26/27 july bush farm. all welcome.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE