Hampshire meet 20th - 22nd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Would it be passable in an AWD impreza? Or not worth the risk of getting stuck with road tyres?

Also what time do we need to be off site Sunday & how far a walk is it from the road car park if I can’t get the Scooby up there?

Grendel, I would say that you could drive most cars up to the gate, as long as they are driven carefully you won't have a problem. If you proceed round to the left and along the byway and don't have 4wd, reasonable clearance and suitable tyres then you may get stuck at the top, but there is no need at all to go that way unless you want to go green laning.

Distance from the "road car park" (think more "lane lay by") is about 400 metres to the gate and a further 200-300m to the camp from the gate.

Sent from my phone.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Grendel, I would say that you could drive most cars up to the gate, as long as they are driven carefully you won't have a problem. If you proceed round to the left and along the byway and don't have 4wd, reasonable clearance and suitable tyres then you may get stuck at the top, but there is no need at all to go that way unless you want to go green laning.

Ok Thanks for that. I'll try to get up to the gate car park if arriving early enough but otherwise looks like I may park next to the metallic brown turdines in the lower lay-by if too slippery

Been watching this thread with envy as I have work all over the weekend. Have a great time all

Dont worry there should be some pictures (well the clean ones we can show anyway)

Last edited:

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I'll bring my tent that way we can use my 3x3 tarp as well for cover if needed and saves me taking another roll matt, bivi bag and ground sheet.

Jerky made just need to buy some cider for drinkage then alls good.

Last edited:

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
I have a 4 x 4 meter tarp we can use in the camp , just wonder if itll be big enough, we can all snuggle up!

I was just about to ask if anyone had a spare tarp we can use as a communal area, looks like were sorted, cheers Southey. Can I bring anything of use to the group? I'm sure I will have plenty of booze to share around :)

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Ere I have another tarp if you still want to sleep out Grendle:D

No worries i'll take my small tent that way saves carying all the other stuff. Also if it's pissing down all weekend at least i have somwhere dry to sleep without being in a body bag sorry i mean bivi bag. I'll try the sleeping under tarp on the next meet when it isnt forcast thunderstorms. :lmao:

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
OMG its not gonna rain is it?????

thats it,...i,m out,....

sorry guys, but i,m not risking gettin wet for anyone,....

you lot are stupid for even considering it!!!!

what if, the rain,..actually TOUCHED you!!!!!!!!!!?????????

so i,ll probably see you all some other time,

have fun,..peace ...and Raikey out!

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
OMG its not gonna rain is it?????

thats it,...i,m out,....

sorry guys, but i,m not risking gettin wet for anyone,....

you lot are stupid for even considering it!!!!

what if, the rain,..actually TOUCHED you!!!!!!!!!!?????????

so i,ll probably see you all some other time,

have fun,..peace ...and Raikey out!

I was looking forward to having a brew with you too :-(
there is a travel lodge down the road if thats any help Raikey?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE