Hammocks, Time to get mine!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
I can't wait to order it. Then I'll have to wait untill Easter weekend for my first hang. How easy is it to mod to have the crabs on permanent lind on the end of the Hammock like in the tutorial sticky?

Partickpebbles

Dec 18, 2010
South Milford
I can't wait to order it. Then I'll have to wait untill Easter weekend for my first hang. How easy is it to mod to have the crabs on permanent lind on the end of the Hammock like in the tutorial sticky?

Just takes a bit of practice, what you get in the kit gets you set up. Personally have section of webbing from the hammock to a carabina, then use another piece of webiing round the tree and attach! There is plenty of line for a drip loop etc..

When the Amsteel order comes I will replace some of the webbing (just to debulk slightly and its lighter!).

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Sealed hammock: chrysalis hammock

Personally I can see no advantage over a tarp. For one thing a tarp affords you space to work, cook and sit under if the weather is poor, as well as somewhere to stow your gear and dry wood. A sealed hammock will have reduced airflow which means condensation in the summer and ice in the winter where as with a tarp set up it's a lot less of a problem, as well as meaning you can set up in different patterns, including 'porch mode', which means it's more flexible to the different seasons, especially when you can add doors to some tarps (or rig it with ponchos). Plus if your weather protection is seperate to the hammock it means you can set up one without the other. And a combination of the two is lighter than both together, especially if you have multiple tarps.

Saying that, there's a thread over on hammockforums with a dude who strips down the chrysalis (as it's a bit of a pig to begin with in terms of weight) and ends up with a cool cat cut bridge hammock.

SussexRob

Dec 26, 2010
East Grinstead
Lol. I did want the plain one but didn't want to wait. Ah well, a Tarp is a Tarp, so long as it keeps me dry!

All ordered, should be here by the weekend. That should give me a couple of weeks to get it sussed before I sleep out in it for the first time over Easter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE