Hammocking in Yorkshire area or close.

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Dandus

Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Hey first post.

I got myself a hammock and tarp a few weeks ago. I'm really excited to use them but I'm a bit lost as to where I can actually use them!
Does anybody have any ideas wild camping or campsites that I can use a hammock and tarp from Experience?
hopefully this won't be too hard to find. I know people like to keep there camping spots a secret and I can see why.
Im dying to get the hammock up.
I'm in Yorkshire but I would travel to some extent.
I don't wanna stealth camp without a little practise.

Great forum by the way!

Dandus

Sep 26, 2016
Hull
Awesome thanks

If anybody has anymore ideas of woods etc to camp in the Yorkshire area please send me a PM. I'd be extremely greatful. I understand nobody wants to give their locations away to the public.

ddave489

Mar 20, 2014
Gateshead
If you want to travel a little further north there's a great place near Gateshead called Brockwell woods (google it, they have a website) it's as close as you can get to wild camping and it's a great place to practise some bushcraft.
I go there quite a lot with my hammock.

Bullrover

Jun 23, 2013
North Yorkshire
Askrigg campsite near Hawes is good for wild camping and hammocking, the wild camping site is a 40 minute walk from the farm but it's great spot in a small enclosed wood on the edge of the moors.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.