Hammock underblanket --- Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Graham_S said:
remind me..
the construction seems sound to me so far though.

The two pieces of black shockcord at each end - used to attached to the hammock ring/crab etc.. were sewn into the seam panels and would make replacing them nigh on impossible short of unpicking the thing - suggestion was they use web tabs there and attach cord to those.

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
weekend_warrior said:
The two pieces of black shockcord at each end - used to attached to the hammock ring/crab etc.. were sewn into the seam panels and would make replacing them nigh on impossible short of unpicking the thing - suggestion was they use web tabs there and attach cord to those.
They are still sewn into the seems but there are also web tabs at each corner and in the middle. I'll try and get a picture up later

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
img0083sy0.jpg

PIcture of corner..

img0082vm3.jpg

Picture of the middle.

Hope this helps.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Weekend Warrior,
See where your coming from. But I dont recall having any communication from you on subject before. IF I had I may have altered design.
However I dont really see any problem as the shockcords in question do not come into tension once blanket is hung. May do slightly with HH on entry and egress. That is why they are shockcords and not solid cord ie paracord, so they can absorb any tension and prevent this being transfered to blanket.

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
wanderinstar said:
Weekend Warrior,
See where your coming from. But I dont recall having any communication from you on subject before. IF I had I may have altered design.
However I dont really see any problem as the shockcords in question do not come into tension once blanket is hung. May do slightly with HH on entry and egress. That is why they are shockcords and not solid cord ie paracord, so they can absorb any tension and prevent this being transfered to blanket.

Quite correct - you didn't hear from me. By the time I'd seen the blanket at the moot, made my observations, gone on family holiday and returned the original buy had been closed. So I was a bit too late to add my $0.02 worth. Mistakenly I thought Magikelly's post regarding corner tabs and shockcord refered to the same, but having re-read it, clearly it doesn't! :rolleyes: :D

Not a problem, I can mod it myself quite easily. :cool:

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Received the underblanket today. :D
Top stuff, exceeded my expectations :cool:
Thanks very much for all your effort in organising this.
Have some well deserved rep :You_Rock_

Bhageera

Jan 24, 2006
London
Mine arrived today :D . Looks a nice bit of kit.
A big thank you Ian for all the time and effort taken to get this project sorted :You_Rock_ .
Also a pat on the back the lads who tested the beta version and contributed to the final product :beerchug:

Cheers

Gary

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Mine arrived yesterday, just collected it from the sorting office.

Impressed so far, thanks again for sorting this out :You_Rock_

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Well they have all been delivered now,according to Post Office.

It has been an interesting experience to say the least, there was a time when I was thinking of jacking it all in. But I am glad I persevered, it was worth it in the end. There are a few people that I haven't heard from yet, probably on holiday.

Thank you all for your appreciation.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
wanderinstar said:
Well they have all been delivered now,according to Post Office.

It has been an interesting experience to say the least, there was a time when I was thinking of jacking it all in. But I am glad I persevered, it was worth it in the end. There are a few people that I haven't heard from yet, probably on holiday.

Thank you all for your appreciation.

Glad it was not too traumatic. By the sixth one you will hardly even notice you are running it :D

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Well, I just got back yesterday from a 5-night trip out at Loch Laggan using the original prototype. It performed splendidly, once set up right. Although it wasn't cold most nights, you really could feel the difference it made - initially I had it a bit slack and got a couple of cold spots forming, so I know it works. Graham's trick of taking the middle of the side shockcords over the ridgeline of your hammock is a good one - it helps keep the blanket nice and snug. Although I was only using a very light bag, I was so toasty I had to sleep half out of it on the warmest night.

It's a splendid bit of kit, and a big thank you again to Ian for making it happen!

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Got back from a course last night to find a lovely warm and very well made hammock underblanket, thank you very much Wanderinstar for all your effort in getting this set up mate, I'm well chuffed :D

Brian

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE