Hammock underblanket --- Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Recieved mine today, many thanks ian you have done a sterling job and i am sure everyone appreciates it.

Thanks again ian :You_Rock_
Adam.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I picked mine up this morning and am most impressed (especially the added extras).

Many thanks for all your hard work on this and am looking forward to trying it out.....

cheers LB

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I did try mine out last night. No tarp over so watched the stars for a while. Slept really well in my thin bag. Woke up in a thick fog and everything covered in dew but the material seems to be very water resiststant so no problems there. The cockerel started at 0630 so crept back inside the house....
Today I have found a way to attatch the underblanket using three wooden parell beads and four plastic beads designed for sailing dinghies. Two plastic at each end on each pair of elastic strings and the wooden ones acting like toggles on the three pairs of web loops, one side attatched with some of that black elastic string. The midle one is on a slightly thicker piece of 5mm elastic this has to be un-buttoned to get up but it keeps the underblanket snug up underneath and streches without restriction. This idea enables it to be attatched or un-attatched quickly without knots as the plastic beads are designed specially for elastic type applications. The beads just pop in between the lines from the hammock and the S hooks so can't pull out unless you do it. I suppose an alternative to the parell beads is a trio of toggles beautifully turned or made of bone, similar the plastic ones.
Swyn.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
What I did with original sample was tie all shockcords in a loose knot, then got a loop of paracord about 6" in length. Fixed this onto hammock rope/tape with a Prussic knot, then formed a loop in other end [sure there's a name for it but I dont know it ] then put all cords through loop and tightened. This could then be moved up or down hammock rope to suit. The black loops on the corners are for fixing across hammock, possibly with a bit of shockcord and fastened with a springclip, possibly plastic for lightness, if you think its needed.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
what i did with the prototype was this.
the central two shock-cords were tied together with a fig8 and clipped into the karabiner atthe end of my hammock.
the outer two were threaded through loops tied into the ridgeline i have above my hammock (it's only usually used for hanging stuff from).
that's how it was most of the time. at night i added a little touch.
the shock-cord ends with the cord-locks in the centre of the underblanket were clipped together over the ridgeline. this kept the underblanket wrapped up around my shoulders.
cosy :D

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Will try to get some pictures tomorrow, but they seem to only come out very small even using photobucket...... I really need some advice here re this! Will let you know. Swyn

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
A good size for forums is about 640x480.

img012615ta.jpg

Or one you click on.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
My underblanket arrived Saturday morning just as promised. Unfortunately the DIY Gods have been on my back this weekend and the planned sortie for a quick test of a night out hasn't come off ! Hopefully one night after work this week will rectify this. However I have managed to inspect it thoroughly through a few tea breaks and I must say the quality looks excellent. Great extra touch that adds a unique feel.

A BIG THANKS to Wandrinstar for all the hours put in to organising this group buy. Not many people would go to this much effort to source a 'made to measure' professional item like this and then offer to supply it at cost to others.

Thanks again and Best of British to ya matey !!!

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi Ian,

Mine arrived on Saturday - excellent stuff.

Although the weather won't justify it I'll use this coming weekend at Waynes instead of my reindeer skin.

Many thanks mate, your a star.

Best wishes

david

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
My beautifully stuff-sacked, nicely embroidered underblanket arrived this morning.
Thanks for all your hard work.

I anticipate quite a bit of fiddling with it to get it "just right".
SWMBO said, "Mmm. Going to be fun getting that on with the mossie net.". Sigh.

Now, I can't wait for the cold weather to arrive.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
PJMCBear said:
Arrived safely. :D Not had chance to have a good look, but will be using it in anger this weekend :AR15firin

Cheers Ian :You_Rock_

PJ

Ditto.

Just got back from 3 days in Sweden. (not that I would have had room for it in my back anyway!!) but will try it out shortly.

Thanks again!

Phil

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
got mine.
seems to have more insulation than the prototype. the extra width is nice too.
the extra tape loops will come in handy in winter. i may attach shock cord with toggles to them to "wrap around" more securely when the temp really drops.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE