Hammock underblanket --- Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PhilParry

Nomad
Sep 30, 2005
Milton Keynes, Bucks
Well,

Tried it out last night during a off-roading event - camped in a nice little copse and whilst it wasn't cold, the underblanket certainly worked well! Was almost too hot for most of the night (until just before dawn) - had my sleeping back open all night too!

Basically followed the instructions above - the two end shock cords got secured to the hammock ring, and the others were secured to the netting "ridge line" using a clove hitch knot.

Once I'd "tightened" up the adjusters I tied these in the same manner.....as snug as a bug in a rug!!!

Thanks again Wanderinstar!

Phil

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Used mine this weekend at the Wilderness Firstaid Course down at Forrest Knights.

Easy to install and adjust. I just had a single season cheap bag from Decathlon and Friday night I was so hot I had to undo the bag, similar story Saturday night.

Excellent pice of kit. In fact as I purchased the large one it would be possible with a bit of thought to use the underblanket as full envelope in really cold temps, it that big.

Looking forward to winter temps when I can try it properly.

Ian great piece of kit, thanks again for organising and I love the logo detail, nice touch.

Cheers David

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi all you happy campers,
I have been thinking about slinging underblanket. Was not too happy about idea of tying two outer shockcords over top of mozzie net line. May cause problems to edge of blanket.
My thought was to pass end of cord through loop at end of blanket, then pass it over hammock, through other loop at other side and then tie off with middle two cords.
Had thought originally to tie piece of shockcord to one loop then pass over hammock and secure to other loop with some sort of snap ring, like on a dog lead.

Also if you are getting to hot ( Moduser ) you could try loosening cord adjusters in middle to let blanket gape open at sides. Tightening up adjusters is more for real cold weather.

Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated,

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Ian,

You know it didn't even cross my mind to do that :banghead:

On the subject of hanging with the group buy mossie, what i did was ran the underblanket shockcords through the hammock line hole in the net and then just retied the mossie end. Worked great the hammock and underblanket are then all nice snug inside the net.

A tiny bit of a pain to put up and take down as my hammock and net are encase in some homemade snake skins (which won't take the underblanket as well) but worked a treat.

Many thanks

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE