Gwynedd bender build

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in helping to build a shelter at a little spot I have the use of up in the hills near Porthmadog. It's part using practical skills and part a chance to play in the woods, camp out , sit around a fire and shoot the breeze. I'm thinking of the weekend 18-19 October but am open-ish to other dates. You just need to bring your own shelter, a bit of food and whatever - it's a wee walk into the spot so lightwieght is good.
Anyone up for this?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That sounds like it could be good fun, put me down for a 90% definite.

It`s a little close to my birthday so I`ll need to check if the wife`s got anything planned for me first.

It`s about a 3 hour drive for me across from Yorkshire so if anyone wants a lift they`re welcome to share the fuel costs with me.

What kind of shelter do you have in mind anyway ???

Rich

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Shewie.. I'm thinking of a bender type frame with a ground area about 10 - 15 feet across so as I can easily throw a tarp over it but there are the materials availiable to do something a bit more substantial should the mood take us!

Aragorn... Friday night's a probable but just Sat-Sun is fine too - if you can read a map well. Maybe Sunday night's a possible too.

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Just back in from a great weekend of simple pleasures up in the hills. Didn't build a bender in the end but set up a real easy rig for a big tarp under a fine old oak. Warm but a little damp at times, a great craic around the fire and buzzards a'plenty winging about above.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE