gwasshoppah!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
I did on a survival course - tasted like burnt popcorn I thought. I was told to remove the legs though as the scratchy bits (which they rub together to make the grasshopper noise!) would irritate the gut. not too bad really. I beleiev that one you flamed them, you could pull the head off and the guts followed quite nicely.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I once ate a woodlouse. it was at a party, i was drunk, it was a bet, i won a tenner. tasted nothing like chicken.

A handful of woodlice is a traditional indigestion cure, and it works too. Quick bit of bushcraft medicine, though it tastes horrible. Fried they taste like prawns, though that reduces their effectiveness as an indigestion cure.

Wacker

Sep 4, 2015
East Yorkshire
I chowed down on some grasshoppers a few months back, raw and cooked. I didn't bother taking the head or legs off and had no problems other than them being rather chewy.

Not a favourite of mine but not the worst.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE