Guy line tensioner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Hope I've posted in the correct forum.

Anyone know where I can get this type of line adjuster from, I do not know what this type is named as either.

Sorry for the poor quality photo, it was a screen capture.
line%20adjuster%201_zpswt57b153.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I do group buys every now and then of them. They are called line loks. Not sure what I have left over, but I could be persuaded to do another group buy.

J

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I do group buys every now and then of them. They are called line loks. Not sure what I have left over, but I could be persuaded to do another group buy.
J

Group buy sounds good, do you have a link to your earlier group buy for these and I can check out sizes etc Julia.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Group buy sounds good, do you have a link to your earlier group buy for these and I can check out sizes etc Julia.

The most recent group buy was [thread=131483]this one[/thread].

A Penberthy knot?
A tautline hitch?
Knots are certainly lighter and cheaper than bits of plastic - and in my experience more reliable!:)

They are, but they require more skill, & are not always as easy to use with gloves on. I leave my guy lines attached to my tarp, with line loks fitted, it means that I can get my tarp up in a minute or so. Sure they add a few grams to the overall weight of my setup, but the extra speed of deployment is worth it IMHO.

J

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The most recent group buy was [thread=131483]this one[/thread].

They are, but they require more skill, & are not always as easy to use with gloves on. I leave my guy lines attached to my tarp, with line loks fitted, it means that I can get my tarp up in a minute or so. Sure they add a few grams to the overall weight of my setup, but the extra speed of deployment is worth it IMHO.

J

Fair point:)
Me - -I use bungees and do not worry about tensioners ... but then I do not carry my gear very far :)

Ivanhoe

Forager
Aug 28, 2011
Sweden
Akto%203_zpsowdjiejz.jpg

Hilleberg used to have these unbreakable metal guy line tensioners in the good old days and they
acctually are way better then the plastic ones.

The original manufacurer is Ossian, but you can find them more easily if you search for Helsport.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE