Guided tour through the exhibition 'Doggerland'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk

Guided tour through the exhibition 'Doggerland' at the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden, Leiden​

Curator Luc Amkreutz guides you through the exhibition ‘Doggerland – Lost World in the North Sea' at the Rijksmuseum van Oudheden (Leiden, the Netherlands). He takes you on a trip through time of a million years and shows you the highlights of this exhibition.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Doggerland fascinates me. I want to sit and study the tools. Google UBC/MOA.
The bulk of the holdings don't interest me much except the artifacts from the Pacific Northwest. They let me sit and draw, really an enjoyable experience.

We have had a similar sea level rise, possibly 100m or more, on Canada's west coast. Whole villages had to be uprooted and moved "inland" as the glaciers melted. The First Nations carry a very accurate oral history that is now known to span some 14,500 years at least. They know what happened.

Reactions: ManFriday4

Wandering Fred

Oct 1, 2018
Dorset
Interesting watch. I have the 'In Our Time - Doggerland' episode permanently bookmarked/downloaded on BBC Sounds

If you are willing to plough through the hundreds of episodes & cherry-pick your interests, there are some fascinating talks/interviews on there & Melvin Bragg is very good at keeping it interesting.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
In the last 2 years, if my memory serves, some people examined bathymetric maps of Doggerland. Their express purpose was to pick a most likely site to go camping as a community of people.
The next step was to do some dredging on the spot that they had selected.
BINGO! Up comes all sorts of worked flint stones.
This might have been summarized and reported in ScienceDaily.com.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE