Group Join Request

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi,

I've created a new group and my notifications bar tells me that I have ' 1 Group Join Requests'...but I can't work out whether I need to take action? I believe I set the group up as a moderated group which does not require me to specifically approve join requests so I am not sure what's going on.

Any guidance much appreciated:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You need to either accept or deny the pending request if you've created a moderated group ..

"Users must be approved by a group leader before membership is finalized for moderated groups"

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Thanks Shewie. I get this bit but I can't work out how to accept or deny this request. When I go to the Group admin page, I can't see an option do this and clicking in the notification just takes me to the admin page. Could it be that because as a newish member with fewer than 10 forum posts my admin rights are restricted and the option is hidden?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That should do it, and just to confirm if you did set the group up as moderated, you will need to deny or accept and requests. You need to create a public group if you don't want to be bothered with accepting folk.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE