Group buy: Swedish Army stainless steel mess kits and rucksacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

cossack

All of mine arrived today 1 for me, 6 for my Sea Cadet Unit, now have a moaning son - 'didn't you get me one'.
Thanks mate, if there a next time i'll need another one
Kerry :lmao: :You_Rock_

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Neil1 said:
I've got cramp from sitting by the letter box, just waiting, food dose'nt seem important anymore, nothing does........I attacked a DHL van yesterday, it pulled away with me still clinging to the bumper, the driver shouting "accept it - its not in the back".
Its got to arrive soon, has'nt it!

I believe they are delivering to those with proper hammocks first :p

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
One of my hammocks must be a "proper" one (I have six! :p ).
I now believe there is a conspiracy against me - I have just seen a postman carrying a very large box, not to my door but the the post office across the road, I may have to go and demand to see it :confused: . 12oclock another meal time passes, if it does'nt arrive soon I won't have to open the door to get out I'll be able to slip thru the letterbox!

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Thanks mate :) I think :(
Did posty brink it? was it a carrier?
Is it one person delivering all of them, if so he could have just left IOW, right now he's on the ferry, heading for the A303, he will probably be travelling faster now as the pile has got lighter :D
I'll just go and peek out the letterbox again.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Neil1 said:
Thanks mate :) I think :(
Did posty brink it? was it a carrier?
Is it one person delivering all of them, if so he could have just left IOW, right now he's on the ferry, heading for the A303, he will probably be travelling faster now as the pile has got lighter :D
I'll just go and peek out the letterbox again.

Our regular, and very pretty postie :naughty: delivered it, making it an even better deal until the missus caught me lusting :buttkick: Reckon I might need to use the rucksack sooner than I thought! :sadwavey:

M

Millbilly

Got a piece of paper through the letterbox today telling me it was there waiting for me, at the post office. went down to pick it up, and am well impressed! Thanks again mate, you're hard work is definately appreciated! :) Gonna stick a matching lanyard on my knife, axe, and kuksa (when i get around to carving one! :lmao: ) And the rucksack is a comfy fit. The mess kit is different to my ali one, a bit smaller, and quite solid. I was a bit worried when i saw that there was a hole in the side of my trangia stove, but tested it and it seems to work fine... Happy Days! :cool:
Cheers again mate! :beerchug:

M

Millbilly

Bumblebee said:
Could you elaborate exactly where the hole is? A photo maybe?
Theres a gap in the join between the top and the base of the stove. Its fairly small, and only a small flame comes out of it when the stove is heating up. Once its hotter, and theres a flame coming out of all the smaller burner holes, it dies off. I'll post a pic at some point, but my digi cam is in my locker at college. It isnt a problem, like i said, the stove works fine, and i dont carry the stove while it contains alchohol, so i have no fears of it leaking.

Simon

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Ahh, you mean the burner is leaking, sorry about that. I'll try to get you another one.

Millbilly said:
Theres a gap in the join between the top and the base of the stove. Its fairly small, and only a small flame comes out of it when the stove is heating up. Once its hotter, and theres a flame coming out of all the smaller burner holes, it dies off. I'll post a pic at some point, but my digi cam is in my locker at college. It isnt a problem, like i said, the stove works fine, and i dont carry the stove while it contains alchohol, so i have no fears of it leaking.

Simon

Reactions: MagiKelly
M

Millbilly

Bumblebee said:
Ahh, you mean the burner is leaking, sorry about that. I'll try to get you another one.
Really mate, its not a problem! My main reason for requesting a mess kit was that id prefer the stainless over the alu one i allready have. So the extra stove was just a bonus. And like i said, it works fine! :) But thanks for the offer anyway!

Simon

Topcat02

Settler
Aug 9, 2005
Dymock, Gloucestershire
Hi Bumblebee,

A package arrived yesterday all safe and sound, until that is, the post lady dropped it as she got out of her van. "Oh ****", she said.

My mrs said "Oh you should be alright, its bushcraft stuff". Possibly thinking that Bushcraft might be linked with Witchcraft, she shot off in rather a hurry.

Just to let you know that everything has arrived safely, and I will be trying out the kits at the weekend when I get some meths.

Cheers.

p.s. Any news on the job?

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Well, the process is ongoing, I have had two telephone interviews that went really well and tomorrow I will travel to Google's office in London to be grilled for 4 hours! Needless to say that I am a bit nervous at the moment...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE