Group buy question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I would like to organize a group buy, the rules say that I'm not allowed to ask the buyer to pay the fees. Does that mean I can't charge a different cost for the item when paying BACS vs paypal?

The reason I ask is that we're not supposed to make a profit on group buys. Can I offer the item at two prices, one for paypal and one for BACS? If I don't I will either have to make a 30p profit on the BACS payments, or a 30p loss on paypal payments?

Don't want to break the rules on my first group buy.

Thanks

J

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
When I did my Carbon felt group buy I had a price for Paypal and a lower price for bank transfer and I asked the same question and it was deemed fine to do this.

It's the avoidance of paying the Paypal fees by paying via a gift that this site does not endorse so as long as you quote a price for each method taking into account all charges and postage it will be OK.

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's the seller/receiver that has to pay the fees so you need to accommodate that into your Paypal price. For goods up to £1500 the fees are 3.4% + 20p.

So if you sell an item for £10.00, you need to charge £10.54 so you're not out of pocket. 34p (3.4%) + 20p

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
It's the seller/receiver that has to pay the fees so you need to accommodate that into your Paypal price. For goods up to £1500 the fees are 3.4% + 20p.

So if you sell an item for £10.00, you need to charge £10.54 so you're not out of pocket. 34p (3.4%) + 20p

That much I had worked out, it was whether or not the group buy rules allowed you to list two different prices for BACS/Paypal.

Thanks

J

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That much I had worked out, it was whether or not the group buy rules allowed you to list two different prices for BACS/Paypal.

Thanks

J

The rules aren't very clear, hopefully Ahjno will update them at some point.

As long as you don't leave yourself out of pocket then there's no issue, just state the price for Paypal payments rather than asking the buyer to work it out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE