Grettings from Oregon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 22, 2006
Rural Oregon, USA
Hello everyone. You have a very nice forum here and enjoyable to read. I am a ex-alpinist among others. I taught mountaineering and was a member of Mountain Rescue. I have been active in the out doors (bush) all my life. I have practice various styles even some that are considered "primitive".

The allure to me is self sufficiency, being able to do things, and probably the biggest joy of all, Enjoying the world about me. Sometimes I think I am involved in to many things.

Best,

Hollis

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Hollis,

Welcome to the BCUK forum some great info and people here that will make you most welcome at the virtual fireside.

LS

PS...I'm sure the UK guys from SERE International (E&E forum) will come and say hello before long!

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Hi Hollis,
Welcome to the site and to the New Year. Used to be in Mountain Rescue myself, mainy in the Cairngorm Mountains here in Scotland. Look forward to your posts :)

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
Welcome Hollis! I have a friend that is moving to Portland next year, and I am hoping to use this opportunity to visit some decent outdoor sites around the area.

I may be picking your brains!!

Dec 22, 2006
Rural Oregon, USA
Thank you, everyone for the kind welcome.

Dommyracer, Sure ask away. Oregon has all year Skiing, great white water kayacking/rafting, good canoeing, Lots of hiking, Black beer, mountain lion, cayotes, deer, elk, lots of birds and three climate system. 1) coast, 2)valley/wet, and 3) high desert.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE