Greetings from South Devon.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
I've been a lurker for a little while so I thought I'd come out and say Hi. I'm just getting into this lark (at the ripe old age of 35) and will be posting a few pics soon.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Aw shucks, thanks fellas. Feelin' at home already. I'm in Teignmouth now but from Manchester and came via London. Been here a couple of years and love it. If anyone local fancies a meet up for a brew and a whittle etc then I'll be in it. Don't know many folk round these parts yet except the ex-missus as I work in Exeter. I'll have to get along to a course of some sort soon. Any recommendations welcome.

leon-1

Aw shucks, thanks fellas. Feelin' at home already. I'm in Teignmouth now but from Manchester and came via London. Been here a couple of years and love it. If anyone local fancies a meet up for a brew and a whittle etc then I'll be in it. Don't know many folk round these parts yet except the ex-missus as I work in Exeter. I'll have to get along to a course of some sort soon. Any recommendations welcome.

Whereabouts in Teignmouth are you??

I live in Newton Abbot, but my family are in Teignmouth.

As Dave mentioned I know it's short notice, but you could try the Cornish RV down near Grampound this weekend. It will introduce you to some of the guys from down this end of the world and you should be able to practice and gain skills through skill sharing and lectures laid on.

I'll be down there as will quite a few of the others. It's a good well natured event that caters for pretty much anyone.

All the best,

Leon:)

rawshak

Forager
Jan 11, 2009
Cornwall
Hey Zarkwon welcome to the BCUK. We're a pretty welcoming bunch down in the South-West, so like Leon says, hopefully we'll see you at the RV mate.:D

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Sounds great and would love to fellas but I run a restaurant and have a kid so struggle with weekends at short notice. I'll be sure to organise things so I can be at the next though. Thinking of booking for the Bushmoot.

I'm just next to the big CO-OP Leon. Been using woods at Ashcombe so far but will have to get over to Dartmoor.

A Douglas Adams fan Andy? Nice one.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE