Green Mountain Jackets -preferably in eVent?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
C

Chitterne

I'm trying to find a decent green mountain jacket (something along these lines: http://www.rathbonesofkeswick.co.uk/...nt-jacket/206/ ) but nothing seems to exist in colours other than red blue or black.

Preferred material would be eVent (Neither paramo nor ventile meet my requirements; eVent outperforms goretex xcr); is anyone aware of anyone making such a jacket?

Many thanks!

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Can't really help, but the link you posted gives a "page not found"-message, I think you refer to this jacket?
Maybe you can find a jacket like that in a brand's hunting range? Always green or brown...

Cheers,
Lasse

C

Chitterne

Can't really help, but the link you posted gives a "page not found"-message, I think you refer to this jacket?
Maybe you can find a jacket like that in a brand's hunting range? Always green or brown...

Cheers,
Lasse

Lasse, thanks, that's the link I meant to post. Hunting brands are a little limited over here; none offer genuine mountaineering jackets -my last one (a Seeland) was close but leaks like a sieve.

I'm after something dual purpose; mountainwalking (primarily) and Highland stalking.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
One of the big chains (Blacks, I think) used to do an own brand of event jacket. It had a hexagon chicken-fence like logo. Saw one in Aviemore a year ago, and it was an olivey green.

The only other thing I can think of is the Keela Munro, but it is not event, and its a bit heavy and warm in summer.

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
I have a XL craghopper event coat in green/light brown thats not being used. It has been worn for about 4 weeks but still good......... if you can accept pre-owned/ second hand kit?

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
Have a look at the RAB Bergan jacket in earth colour (greeny brown), when my current Mountain Equipment jacket fails its the one I will look at first.
Cheers Andy

C

Chitterne

All,

Many thanks for the ideas; I'm wearing out my computer trying all the search combinations to follow them up!

reddave,
Grateful for a PM with more info on your eVent jacket -although at 6ft and 42" chest, an XL may be too big for me -which craghopper 'model' is it?

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
oops sorry mate, its an xxl. as i'm a 46" when active, currently snug on chest and can't get past the gut. so will be breezy on you unless you used the drawcords

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE