Great Birthday present, cant wait to try out,,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

masongary44

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 6, 2004
Leeds, England
Wohoo.... this year my Wife has bought me a Hennessey Hammock Expedition Deluxe. Brilliant. We went out fro a walk in the woods this weekend so I can have a practice run at putting it up and it worked like a charm. The only criticism is the fact that the tree huggers are a little short. They just don't seem long enough to use on anything like the mature trees I tend to sleep out in. I don't know about anyone else but I prefer to have at least one full wrap round a tree to help prevent slippage during the night.

I believe I have an easy fix though... 4 quid has bought me 10m of webbing strap that I am going to use to make some 2.5m huggers from. Apart from adding a few Carrabiners to the set up making it easier to thread the ropes and to help reduce risk of water ingress to the ends of the hammock, it really is a brilliant piece of kit, and the longer straps don't add much weight to the overall package which makes them a winner.

The only bad bit is the wait I now have before I can get out and use it... 3 weeks to go :D

Are there any other Hennessey users out there that feel the same?? I would be interested to know if there are any tips I that I shoudl probably know (apart from its cold at night if you don't insulate the bottom :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I wondered the same about water ingress when I bought mine a few years ago. Somebody mentioned shortening the ropes, tying them off in a loop and using a krab like you suggested and then just using some climbing tape to the trees like a normal hammock. I never bothered with mine though as I tend to use it in finer weather.
Great bit of kit though and I really should use mine a bit more.

I had the normal exped and bought the Hex fly seperately which is a good purchase.

I was going to say I have some seatbelt webbing if you want to make some longer straps, but you've already bought some.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
The snake skins are a really good additional extra if you haven't got them already. They will also stop water coming down the lines into the hammock system. Also, I got a larger fly through a group buy on this site (I think...?). You can either attach this in place of the original or use it in addition to provide a larger covered area.

Possibly worth looking at an underblanket at some point but give it 6 months or so of use before you decide.

Great bits of kit - not everyone gets on with them but I like the fact that they are pretty much 'self-contained' and 'complete'.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE