GPS Co-ordinates Wanted (Guatemala)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jstyles

Sep 24, 2004
Wirral, UK
www.freewebs.com
It's a long-shot I apppreciate - but I would like to have co-ordinates for points of interest, key towns and coastal features put into my handheld Magellan GPS in preparation for a trip there in April.

Despite searching the net, I've only found a couple of waypoints worth loading! (Tikal ruins and the Agua volcano).

Can anyone provide me with some or point me to a source of data?

Thanks in advance!

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
arctic hobo said:
Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious but I'm aware that different systems operate in different countries. Will your GPS be accurate over there? :?:
QUOTE]

You can set whichever map/projection/data are in use where you are.

In GB we use the Ordnance Survey system.Other countries use their own.

It can make one hell of a difference which system you set into your GPS.

jstyles said:
It's a long-shot I apppreciate - but I would like to have co-ordinates for points of interest, key towns and coastal features put into my handheld Magellan GPS in preparation for a trip there in April.

Despite searching the net, I've only found a couple of waypoints worth loading! (Tikal ruins and the Agua volcano).

Can anyone provide me with some or point me to a source of data?

Thanks in advance!
If you have a look at geocaching.com and also geosnapper.com you'll be able to do area searches for the places you'll be near. With Geocaching.com, you'll need to read the description of the cache sites. They normally give a good idea of what's in the area. Whereabouts are you going?

EDIT : By the way, the datum normally used in this country is WGS 84

EDIT 2 : Hang on, I've just re-read the title to your thread D'OH!! for some reason thought you were visiting England. The websites I gave may still help though.

jstyles

Sep 24, 2004
Wirral, UK
www.freewebs.com
Motorbike Man said:
did you get the coords you wanted in the end?

Sort of! I scoured the internet much deeper and came up with a few. Only about half a dozen though - tooks hours to do as well! Got a couple from your suggestions, too (thanks!).

On the plus side, I got a load more when I was there - especially the fishing 'jackpot spots' (as I'm definitely going back there next year!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE