Gower peninsula

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Kennexstone Farm Llangennith
Gower
Swansea
SA3 1HS
Tel: 01792 386790

They dont allow fires on the ground, but allow BBQ's (I have used a firebox insulated from the ground). Pets are welcome as long as they are kept under control...... it can be pretty popular with the caravan club during the season aswell so may not be what you are looking for..... its about £15/night for a 4person tent with 4 people.

Ed

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Ed said:
Kennexstone Farm Llangennith
Gower
Swansea
SA3 1HS
Tel: 01792 386790

They dont allow fires on the ground, but allow BBQ's (I have used a firebox insulated from the ground). Pets are welcome as long as they are kept under control...... it can be pretty popular with the caravan club during the season aswell so may not be what you are looking for..... its about £15/night for a 4person tent with 4 people.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I'll give them a bell. I was thinking of going during end of July beggining of August for a week or so, so I'll get the CC crowd I expect. I can rig up a firebox no problems so that won't be a worry. I've never been to that part of Wales but have heard the fishing is good (bass hopefully) and Brecon Beacons arn't too far away. Looking forward to it.
Cheers again

Nick

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
Hi Nick,

We've used Pitton Cross before. They allow dogs and BBQ's (probably not fires). They have alot of wooden picnic benches that you can move about as you wish. You can also walk accross the fields to the beach, you'll want boots rather that flip flops.

When we went last year I think it was the last site on the Gower that allowed groups of unaccompanied teenagers. Unfortunately they put a disposable BBQ on one of the tables and left it there long enough to burn right through one of the boards.

There biggest mistake was not owning up. They ended up being asked to leave. It's just a shame that they didn't know any better.

Anyway I digress....

It is a good clean site which I'm happy to recommend.

Cheers
Steve

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Thanks for the recommendations chaps. I saw the Gower on the BBC programme 'Coast' which I've now got on DVD and it looks great and I'm really looking forward to getting away from it all there.

Cheers again

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Its a fantastic place with some great areas for walking and fishing.... you'll love it :D .... Its also got one of the best scout campsites (wiht wildcooking and bivvy area)that will take other youth groups ... pm me if you want details of that place, but I'm pretty sure only take organised groups.

:)
Ed

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Thanks for the offer Ed. I think I'm hoping for a peaceful few days away so maybe a scout campsite would be a wee bit 'lively for me!!
I'll have a look into your other recommendations though. I'll be doing at least 2 full days beach casting too so I hope they're biting :D and definately a few trips to Brecon beacons, It's been a few years since I was there last

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
I stayed at Pitton cross this time last year. Was really friendly. Don't think they allow fires, but the rest was just great. Found loads of pignuts and ramsons within a mile walk of our tent. Just beautiful (but got viscious sunburn from driving all the way there in a convertible on a day that reached 30 degrees!) :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE