Google Map Pedometer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Not sure where to post this, Found this great little website that uses google earth. It allows you to trace/overlay a route on google earth map (Online) and it shows you the distance traced. I used it to trace a route my family and I walked on Sunday.

It’s quicker than using a pencil and paper, and quite accurate enough for everyday use
Google Map Pedometer

Ok, so it opens over the USA, just grab the map and pull it over to the UK, or where ever zoom in, mark the start point by clicking on the map, every time you click on the map it will draw a line from the previous point to the new point, it also gives you a running total either in miles or kilometres

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
This will be very useful for working out holiday mileages as well as local walks and estimating time taken to cover various distances. Much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Thanks for this, I can access this at work
There is a similar facility in google earth, ruler/path that also leaves a trail.

match

Settler
Sep 29, 2004
Edinburgh
there's another website devoted specially to this:

http://www.mapmyride.com

It lets you put in journeys and save them, shows you distances, elevations etc and lets you share them with other folk. Its also clever enough to follow roads and do cross country bits.

Aimed at cyclists/bikers, but works equally well for walkers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE