Good value battery repair for Seiko (incl. waterproofing)?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Hello chaps,

I need to replace the battery in my Seiko but I'd like to ensure it stays waterproof. Timpson's have offered to do it for £15 whereas everyone else is charging £50 plus sending it away, so will avoid them I think!

Does anyone know of a reliable and reputable watch repair service (either online or near to Warwick) that they'd recommend? It only needs to be resistant to 10bar (although 5bar would probably be fine).

Many thanks!

:)

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
Hi
I had my seiko done by my local jeweller. they gave me the choice of their man doing it £30 or send away to seiko £45. so, new battery, new seal and pressure test £30. it will render any warranty null and void, but if your watch is over a few years old I would just ring round a few of your local jewellers (independents though) and see what they can do.

higher end or chronos may cost a bit more, but this is one of those instances where letting your fingers do the walking would probably pay dividends. Wouldn't give my watch to Timpsons though. personal pref only.

cheers
Sack

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE