Good 'Green' Webhosts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
I'm wanting to set up a small website with a few parallel blogs (bushcraft/greenwood carving, wild food, fungus and probably a few others) and I know it's quite easy to google and find a whole smattering of half decent hosts (with UK/European servers) but as many of you here already operate regular and much read blogs, I'd like to ask your recommendations & advice on a few things.

Even though I will just be posting up photos/text and perhaps videos and documents, what sort of amount of storage & bandwidth may be enough?

Are there any 'green' (powered by sustainable electricity) hosts that are reliable and don't have any added 'novelty' costs?

Is it actually worth setting up free blogs, the interlinking the lot? (as in Live Journal etc...)

I really don't want advertising on the blogs (free blogs or private hosting) and would rather have a nice, clean design free from intrusive adverts.

So, what hosts do you use?
What's their performance and reputation like?
Any great deals about at the moment?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE