Good campsite that allow fires!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
It's at Rhydd Ddu just at the base of Snowdon and it belongs to the Cllewellyn Arms pub. £5 a night and you can have a fire where ya want. Theres a pine forest next to the lake for wood and a river to have a swim in. We had a problem with the midges when we were there but the woodsmoke soon sorted it.

Heres the pubs website http://www.snowdoninn.co.uk/ Just click the campsite link on the left. Here's a pic of my mate Shrek chopping some firewood...Check out the backdrop
rhydd-Ddu.jpg

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Nice one mate - and only a few miles from my doorstep! :lol: :biggthump

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Hi Dave - good to hear you were up in our neck of the woods - if you're up again, let us know and we can meet up. :uu: Cwellyn's a great spot - go there often, but never camped before. Thanks for the heads-up about the fires... will have to try it out! :wink:

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've used the one at the other end of that lake (you must be Bedgelert end) the farmer there was always cool about fires and pretty much anything else come to that.
N1

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Kath said:
Hi Dave - good to hear you were up in our neck of the woods - if you're up again, let us know and we can meet up. :uu: Cwellyn's a great spot - go there often, but never camped before. Thanks for the heads-up about the fires... will have to try it out! :wink:

Oh dear....Adi?? Beer..... Open fires and the odd tablecloth stolen from your linen drawer.......... Hell I'm up for that !! :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE