Goldfinch..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I have set up a goldfinch feeder in the garden recently as there have been up to about 60 of them in the sycamore tree and I wanted to entice them into the garden...
It didn't take long for them to find the feeder...
Pretty little things, arn't they..

moregoldfinches001600x450.jpg

moregoldfinches002648x486.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They really are, aren't they?

Kind of rare to see them in my neck of the woods :( Had three Bullfinches in today though :D

cheers,
Toddy

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Beautiful shots Jon - really lovely. Not sure I have seen one round here - what feed are you using to attract them?

Red

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Beautiful shots Jon - really lovely. Not sure I have seen one round here - what feed are you using to attract them?

Red

You should have them around Red, they are fairly common. To get them feeding in your garden you will need niger seeds in a suitable feeder like the one below, you can just see the small holes the birds to get at the seeds...

moregoldfinches007648x486.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Nice one :) I love their delicate call too....it's what usually draws them to my attention...

Yeah, sort of trinkly sound, isn't it...
Its been fun watching them fight for a place on the feeder...
I was watching a pair of buzzards overhead today. Think I will have to get me a dead rabbit and see if I can entice one down for some photo's. Will need some good camo for that, I expect..

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thanks Jon - I learn such a lot from you :)

Interesting looking feeder - I've not seen one like it in a garden centre - are they hard to find? I reckon I could make one easy enough mind you

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE