Gold wedding presents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
In a few weeks it will be my parents golden wedding anniversary, and I have no idea what to buy for them !

I don't want the usual gift tat that says Golden Wedding on it, as that's only usable on the day and then it get's shoved in a cupboard

So any ideas??? Please?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
In a few weeks it will be my parents golden wedding anniversary, and I have no idea what to buy for them !

I don't want the usual gift tat that says Golden Wedding on it, as that's only usable on the day and then it get's shoved in a cupboard

So any ideas??? Please?

What about getting a professional photograph of you and any siblings if you can and put it in a gold plated frame.

That or organise a studio visit for all the family for group pictures with them.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
In Austria they make a Sekt ( wine with bubbles) called Inführ Gold.
It containes flakes of gold. Very festive! It is also nice, just as good as the overpriced Champagne.

Robbi, I did not have to Google, as I have a couple of cases of it in my wine room/cupboard!

Last edited:

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
What about getting a professional photograph of you and any siblings if you can and put it in a gold plated frame.

That or organise a studio visit for all the family for group pictures with them.

My brother lives in France, probably coming back the day of the party and going back the day after, not going to be easy to organise any joint ventures

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
In Austria they make a Sekt ( wine with bubbles) called Inführ Gold.
It containes flakes of gold. Very festive! It is also nice, just as good as the overpriced Champagne.

Robbi, I did not have to Google, as I have a couple of cases of it in my wine room/cupboard!

Quick google doesn't show anyone selling it over here

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Do a family photoshoot on the day when your brother is over then.
Good photographers make everyone look good :)

We're married nearly forty years, and there is nothing we need, I imagine your parents are in much the same boat. Good wishes, having the family around and good memories, counts far more than expensive gifts I think.

The one thing I might suggest though, is that my wedding ring is wearing very thin, and I think if I ever replace it I'd go up a size from a K to an L….when my hands are sore with arthritis I can't get my ring off. If your Mum's is like that too, maybe have a word with your Dad and see if you could get her old ring remade (probably need extra gold, I have three other old family wedding rings, all well worn, that mean nothing to anyone but me, your Mum might be the same) into a pendant or locket or earrings, and your Dad could buy her a new ring….after fifty years I think she's earned it :D
If Dad wears a wedding ring they could both be replaced.

Not cheap, but very appropriate.

I like the photo idea, and if you could round up any of the original wedding party too for the day, and have photos of them taken as well, that would be excellent.

I hope it's a very good day indeed :D

M

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
We had our Golden Wedding anniversary six years ago and already can't remember what we did. A bit like the wedding itself. We reckon the marriage, is, our relationship is what counts. My parents had a big do for their Golden Wedding with as many of the original wedding guests as possible invited. My mother hated the whole thing. She thought my idea of a his and hers bungee jump would have been far preferable!

My suggestion would be some sort of photo or video compilation of family events, This is Your Life kind of thing.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I arranged for a friend to take my parents for a flight in a light aircraft from the local airfield a few years ago, it was to fly them over their favourite places.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE