going to scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nameless

Forager
Jan 1, 2004
at home
hey :wave:
The venture group which i'm part of are thinking of going to scotland fom 10 days in august(after i'm back from kenya) and does anyone know any good hikes around Ben Nevis? we were thinking of hiking from glasglow to Nevis and back would this be a good hike which includes loads of stuff for people who love hiking and for people like me who loves a bit of bushcraft?? well anyone got any input?? :dedhorse:

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
I've no clue about a hike like that, but a friend and I are looking to go up to Scotland in the summer for a week or two. Not to steal your thread, but I've been looking at the Loch Lomond / Argyll Forest Park area and would appreciate it if anyone had any information on the suitability of the area.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Look for a book called the High Highland Way (Can't remember the author) It is a high level version of the standard West Highland Way (Flat, busy, midgies) It offers a walk from Loch Lomond to Fort William near Ben Nevis with numerous variables which add or shorten the walk too suit. It keeps you in the wilder parts but you can still hit the odd pub and keeps you high up with the odd Munro thrown in. Argyll is a pain to get around with no real direct routes because of sea lochs which also means more rain from the westerley winds and more effing midgies. Most roads and paths have to follow the lochside with lots of dull tree plantations up higher.

leon-1

If you are going up that way you may like the walk along the pass of Glencoe, possibly the Anoch Eagach ridge if you don't mind a little bit of scrambling en-route.

The veiw from the ridge is fab and you can nearly always catch sight of red deer in the pass :wave:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
adamscott2 you would be hard pushed to find a better place to go than knoydart ,you are almost there when you reach fort william.this is to me is one of the most beautifull places in Scotland ,i,m sure many others would agree.i travel up to knoydart about 3-4 times a year and i have not even begun to explore this very remote country.there are lots of bothy,s in the area ,so you could travel from bothy to bothy ,these are very comfortable and it would not even cost you a penny .you would not be dissapointed

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Rhapsody said:
I've no clue about a hike like that, but a friend and I are looking to go up to Scotland in the summer for a week or two. Not to steal your thread, but I've been looking at the Loch Lomond / Argyll Forest Park area and would appreciate it if anyone had any information on the suitability of the area.

Generally very suitable. Depends on what you are planning though. What are you planning? B & B, wild camping or a bit of both.

If you do not want to steal this thread you can start a new one or PM me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE