Going to Conwy - What to do?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I will be going on holiday near Conwy in late September, does anyone have any suggestions on stuff to do? Doesn't have to be bushcrafty, but prefer out and about stuff.

Cheers!

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You could buy the kindle version of Fraser Christians book, Eat The Beach, from amazon, and take your own notebook?
Mussels, winkels, limpets, plus many edible plants can be found on the shore. Just take a bucket and a net bag, with a foraging stick.
Get a fishing set up off ebay...?

Last edited:

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
If you like historical stuff, Plas Mawr Elizabethan town house is full of little nuggets of interesting stuff like carved spoons and rushlights. Unless you are a member, don't bother with the National Trust one.

I also really enjoyed the Great Orme copper mine.

If you are into geocaching, then there are a few interesting ones around the town and some that will take you off the tourist track.

Of course, it is North Wales so outdoors stuff is not going to be a problem to find!

Z

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Take a pot woodburner, forage some muscles from the beach ( mud) or round the side of the castle and cook them then either round in th nature reserve across the bridge or across the estuary at diganwy.
Conwy mountain is close and always a laugh, nice views of llandudno schicent pass, Anglesea, the coast. You could even go up it at night, a quick walk.
You could try the church in the centre of Conwy, easily passed by and also definatley take a drive up to dolgarog dam on carnog llewellyn, a lot of gates so you could drive up another road and walk over (if the outdoors are your sort of thing) it burst in 1900 or something and killed 100 people, huge boulders washed around.

stingy

Aug 19, 2014
stoke on trent
Walk round the great Orme, there's a road that runs right round the edge and at the top there's a little cafe.
You can sit on the grass next to the cafe and look out to sea and if you look to your left you can see Conwy, the Snowdonia mountains and Puffin island.
Stunning views, but don't do what I did, don't forget your binoculars :)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
As has been said, you are in a great location there to do and get to all sorts of places.

If it is still running then I thoroughly advise the Great Orme cable car. If the weather is clear then you will be ogling like a meerkat as the view develops with the ascent. Really really fabulous visual memory.

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
As has been said, you are in a great location there to do and get to all sorts of places.

If it is still running then I thoroughly advise the Great Orme cable car. If the weather is clear then you will be ogling like a meerkat as the view develops with the ascent. Really really fabulous visual memory.

Cable car runs until the 31st of October.I got there a day too late last year.Everything at the top was shut too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE