Glentrool chilly chillout

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

huntersforge

Oct 14, 2006
southern scotland
With the skies clearing and the temperature dropping I popped down to Glentrool for a bit of post Christmas relaxation.
A few things noted were ... Yes it is a LOT warmer sleeping and sitting at the same level as the frontier stove. It is better to put your sleeping socks on before you get in your sleeping bag. Not when you wake up with cold feet .DOH. Anyway. heres the pics....

DSCF0878_zps541a6a65.jpg
DSCF0880_zpsf397fa2b.jpg
DSCF0879_zpsf60b4753.jpg
DSCF0881_zpsb64d7259.jpg
DSCF0883_zps0a237130.jpg

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
Did you find it a problem with the frontier stove chimney going through the centre? I was worried about it taking too much room in the middle of the tent.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Your set up looks cosy :D how close was the stove actually to your bed ?

Good on you getting out, and thanks for sharing.
The temperature here dropped to -5C, and it had been so wet before the frost hit that we're solid ice :sigh:

cheers,
M

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Excellent, dude after my own heart ! Tent set up looks great with the stove.

Planning on a wee trip after the bells,maybe Saturday leaving.

Not sure where but thinking closest would be Glencoe/Rannoch ( nice and exposed , lol ) , or if roads are good maybe try for Old Man of Storr !

Unfortunately , I won't have a tent stove, :( , so clothing and sleep system is paramount!

Pete

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Great-looking set-up there, and fine weather for using it; we've had similar here post Christmas and it's lovely to be out in it, eh?.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Years ago I borrowed a geodesical dome tent from Geoff Forest, from near Loch Doon, and he lent me the stove that he'd built to go with it….when that thing was going there was no one cold near by :)

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE