Glen Lyon Bridge of Balgie meet, March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Hi, did notice that there has been a wee influx of new Scottish members.

if any one wants to come to Glen Lyon (Bridge of Balgie) and have a explore to find a nice site to camp out let me know.

this would not be so much of a bush craft outing but more of a recce to find a bush craft site, so could be a bit of walking involved.

I do have land owners permission.

thanks

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I guess your bang on with the bit of walking thing, is Glen Lyon not the longest glen in Scotland lol, might take you up on this offer soon, always up for exploring new parts of the country and its always so much better with some local knowledge.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I guess your bang on with the bit of walking thing, is Glen Lyon not the longest glen in Scotland lol, might take you up on this offer soon, always up for exploring new parts of the country and its always so much better with some local knowledge.

Aye it's long but we would be in a smallish area not the whole glen :) in and around the bridge of Balgie area.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Aye it's long but we would be in a smallish area not the whole glen :) in and around the bridge of Balgie area.

lets get something sorted, got camping/canoeing trips and meets planned for all of february, but nothing planned for march. Im the same as greensurfingbear, happy to come up as long as i would be able to camp out for a few days to get a feel for the place.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Been a bit wild here, but dates I can free up are the weekends of

March, 9th 10th

March, 16th 17th

March, 23rd 24th

i finish work about 17:00 ish on Fridays

like I've said might not be very bush crafty more wild camping with a view to finding a good bush crafty spot :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Been a bit wild here, but dates I can free up are the weekends of

March, 9th 10th

March, 16th 17th

March, 23rd 24th

i finish work about 17:00 ish on Fridays

like I've said might not be very bush crafty more wild camping with a view to finding a good bush crafty spot :)

I could be up for a bit of this Rob, I'm nearly Scottish

I'll bring pie and peas and Yorkshire tea

I've got plans for the 16th so can't do that weekend.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
So if we narrow it down to these two weekends

March, 9th 10th

March, 23rd 24th

i finish work about 17:00 ish on Fridays ( this could be earlier)

There is an area that would allow for a quick pitch for both tree hungers and ground dwellers on the Friday.

Shambling Shaman

May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
If any one is intrested in a meet up in glen lyon over the weekend of March, 23rd 24th 2013

I will be going out, as stated to so much a BC weekend but a hike around looking for/making a good spot to have a bushy time :)

I finish work about 17:00 ish on Fridays ( this could be earlier)

There is an area that would allow for a quick pitch for both tree hungers and ground dwellers.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I can't make the 23rd now, got work commitments :(

Hope to make it up one day though, I should be up with work again around the begining of April if you fancy a paddle out

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE