Glastonbury 07

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
Glastonbury is almost upon us again!!, personally i love it, it brings together 2 of

my favourite things, Music and Camping !! How cool is Michael Eavis, not only

does he let tens of thousands camp on his land, he even lets you have a fire and

supplys the firewood. Of course there is the small matter of £155 for a ticket,

(Ouch) but i reckon its worth it. I'd love to see Bushcraft U.K. there one year

representing all the things we love so much, showing some traditional skills,

and promoting a respect of the great outdoors. I'm sure there would be loads of

offers of help !! Me included may i add. Anyone planning to go this year ?

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Not this year, co-leading a couple of canoe expeditions whilst its on :rolleyes:
Was there 2 years ago tho.
Falling Rain was doing bushcraft demo's in the green fields somewhere.
Lots of great stuff going on bushcraft wise - flintknapping, greenwoodwork, clay ovens, forges.....If you get board you can always se a band :D

Enjoy mate, I wanna see some photos mind.

Cheers
Rich

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Glastonbury is indeed fantastic - lots going on. I think you could go there and
not see a single band and still feel you'd had a perfect weekend!

They've changed the ticket buying this year though, everyone who'd like to buy
a ticket has to register first and only registered people will be able to buy tickets
but registration doesn't guarantee being able to buy a ticket!
http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/tickets/

I'm not going to G'bury though as I'm off to Woodsmoke up in Cumbria for a
weekend of Plantlore. Harmonica from this site is also going, and a friend of
mine from work too :D
http://www.woodsmoke.uk.com/p/v/Courses/Plantlore

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
I've applied for the card, for the chance of applying.

Hopefully this new method will stop all the touts and gits who buy just to flog on ebay.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
GlenM said:
Glastonbury is almost upon us again!!, personally i love it, it brings together 2 of my favourite things, Music and Camping . Of course there is the small matter of £155 for a ticket,

Used to go in the early 80's it was free in the Travelers field and usually Hawkwind were playing Stonehenge was a better festival :240: and always free
Danny

Dexter

Forager
Jan 23, 2007
Birmingham, UK
www.th.ph.bham.ac.uk
Wouldn't miss it for all the world. Glastonbury is a totally unique experience that every like minded person should try. I find it frustrating that it is so difficult to convey its magic in mere words to those that havnt been before.

Think i'd be a great idea to have a bushcraft uk area and I'm sure that the Eavis's would agree. Count me in as a future volunteer!

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Just got my registration application in the post today, come the 1st of April I can attemt to purchase a ticket. :red:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Changed a bit over the years with the car parks (fields) now being rammed with MPV’s and BMW’s from North London, which is not always the best of signs! Whilst I wouldn’t say the music was that much better back in the funky old 70’s - the most memorable set that springs to mind being from Nick Cave in the same year Galliano raged at Twyford Down, I do though miss some of the innocence and uncertainty of those far off days. Or is just I had far more hair then I didn’t have to worry about the “carbon footprint” made by the likes of Liquid Len & The Lens Man’s light show!!

Now, run along to Millets and snap-up one of those rather cool tepees before they all go! Enjoy if you get lucky with a ticket.

Cheers!

GlenM

Forager
Jan 11, 2006
Cornwall
The last time for me was 05, it was the most magnificent thunderstorm i've ever witnessed in this country. As far as i'm concerened it just added to the already potent mix of the the best festival in the northern hemisphere. :D Being bushcrafty i camped in a good spot. I'd still like to take me hammock though.

Drop

Nov 2, 2006
Wakefield
It will be my first one :)

I'm going with a trader so I'm there from the 18th to 26th, none of this part time nonsense ;)

I'm taking a hammock along on the off chance I find somewhere to sling it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE