Give away...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Another give away in the last of my house clearance... :)

I found in total 16 bottles of mead (after opening one to test it). It is fizzy, and discussion seems to suggest that this is secondary fermentation rather than anything nasty going on. It may well benefit from being put back into a demi-john or carbouy and left to bubble for a bit longer. It's been in the bottles around 10 years.

Anyone that can get to either the Leigh Delamere services, J17 M4 (or close by) or the M4/M5 interchange (the business parks just off there is where I work), can have 'em. Register interest here or by PM and we'll work out who gets how many.

Also, I found a piece of roe antler, perfect for flint knapping or possibly as the head of a walking stick or staff. It has two tines, and looks like an 'F'. No time for pics yet, but I'll try and get some done tonight. Again, free to a good home.

ODG

N

Not that Taz

Wooohooooo..

Is that Mead still on offer????? :D

Taz.... He who drives past Leigh Delamere services every Monday morning and Friday Afternoon!!!

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Just two requests for the mead so far, so atm not that Taz and Tengu will be splitting the 16 bottles between them... :)

I'll reply to your pm's folks.

ODG

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
outdoorgirl said:
Just two requests for the mead so far, so atm not that Taz and Tengu will be splitting the 16 bottles between them... :)

I'll reply to your pm's folks.

ODG

Where did you get the mead yeast?

John

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
richeadon: okay then... :) How/where do you want to arrange collection? I've got the lot in the back of the car today as Not_that_Taz works close by...

hunter_zero: to be honest I can't remember what yeast I used - it was a really long time ago... :) It was probably champagne yeast though, as I don't think there is a specific yeast for mead. Historically if they didn't have any brewers yeast they would just have used bread yest anyway... (correct me if I'm wrong, someone?)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE