Gilwell 24 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
As we have firmly entrered 2011 it's time to launch the Gilwell 24 2011 recruitment thread. Here's what it's all about...http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59020&highlight=gilwell+24 .This year's base is on 9th July.

I helped with the first ever base (Bushcraft & Survival Skills Magazine came down to cover Bear's Chief Scout investiture & I helped out). The organiser then asked me if I would then organise the base from hereon in. Last year SimonM & Jackunan joined up and we did a decent job-a base that was greater than the sum of the parts.

This year we have, so far, over doubled our leader team and are still working on a few bits and bobs for the base. Suffice to say that there are a few allocated leader spaces left to fill so first come first served (probably delusional on my part to expect a queue! :) ). We also have a budget for consumables too.

We will be reprising what we did last year and adding some new stuff ie a Jerky tower...surely enough of a reason to sign up! Last year was a rally good criac...

Last edited:

Mang

Settler
Quick post to say that the Gilwell24 bushcraft base is happening this Saturday, I'll post some pics of it when I have time. Tamarack Outdoors are going to be coming down tomorrow for the event thanks to Simon M, and I asked Woodlife Trails, who were hoping to come, but I got a text from Pablo who isn't well :-S

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Sounds really great
Shame I can't come down
Say hi to Jakunan for me, haven't spoken to him in ages

Mark

Mang

Settler
Well the weekend came and went and the bushcraft base that myself and a handful of leaders run at Gilwell24 camp was mostly rammed with inquisitive Explorer Scouts...We where also lucky to have Mike and Tony from Tamarack down from Lancashire as guests (thanks to SimonM)

DSC00379.jpg

Typical shot of the base and the teenage crowd/ leaders.

DSC00381.jpg

Mike taking a spoon carving tutorial

DSC00377.jpg

Mike chipping some Beech

DSC00414.jpg

To help me make some Venison and Beef Jerky (nom nom). This caused much interest and I'll definitely have a larger smoking operation going next year. Pablo & JP from Woodlife were also going to come but Pablo sent me a text to say illness prevented this happening but they are scheduled for next year. Should be a belter!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE