Gift for a bee keeper?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
I need a idea for a birthday gift for a keen bee keeper any ideas?

I have no experience bee keeping so don't know where to start

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
A packet of antihistamine tablets :p

Seriously now, a book on the subject? a course? gloves? Best bet is to find a website dealing with bee keeping supplies and go from there.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
I need a idea for a birthday gift for a keen bee keeper any ideas?

I have no experience bee keeping so don't know where to start

Perhaps if you give some idea of what the lucky person already has it would help.

Will be watching thread with interest as I've "inherited" a beehive and a few bits of kit and am keen to have a go.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Perhaps if you give some idea of what the lucky person already has it would help.

Will be watching thread with interest as I've "inherited" a beehive and a few bits of kit and am keen to have a go.

Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk
That's the problem I don't know, they've been doing it a while so they proberly have all the tools and equipment. They also live in the states so it needs to be something I can send on a carrier

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
7180b5a4088f9e3afd88c4cbb8f21591.jpg

c53c403833e8f90a865d24508c3522cf.jpg

One of theese should be a success 😁

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
It's coming up to a year since we got bees and it would be very hard for someone to buy me something without knowing a fair bit about how we keep the bees. I'd guess most people would have a general bee keeping book or two if they needed them although new books are often coming out so look for latest releases. It's hard to buy hive parts unless you know what hives they use (we're constantly buying hives and parts but then we have room to expand). Perhaps a book on making hives from scratch?

I'm trying to think, if they use rubber gloves and you know their hand size another pair would be useful. Wax moulds again could be useful if they have plenty of wax and like candles or even a solar wax melter if they don't have one and you have plenty of money.

I expect many bee stores sell gift vouchers if you get stuck.

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
My thoughts exactly Slowworm, beeing an ex-beekeeper (still with a shed of equipment) I couldn't really think of anything that they wouldn't already have hence why I suggested some wax moulds. Good idea with the book on making hives though!

dave89

Nomad
Dec 30, 2012
Sheffield
Thanks for the suggestions, I've seen a nice Collins book "bee bible" and also a engraved honey dipper.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE