Getting the Complete Outdoor Handbook signed ?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My little sweetie of sister-in-law found me this at a car boot sale in Bath at the weekend ....

DSC01355.jpg

for £1 :D

I know Woodlore used to be able to get Ray to sign older books but I can't find any mention of this service on their website. Anyone tried it lately ?

If you're getting along to any of his talks (there's one in Birmingham in the not too distant if I'm not mistaken - you probably saw mention of it on here recently) I'd have thought he'd sign it there.

Nice find and definitely not bad for £1.

Is it a good read?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
is that the one that was primarily for the US market?

It looks almost identical to the Outdoor Survival Handbook although I've not had a proper look yet. The seasons and flora and fauna are UK based though for sure. I think the O.S.H was just updated slightly with regards to kit etc, similar techniques and information throughout.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Just got off the phone to them and as expected the answer was a big fat NO. Ray's inundated with autograph requests daily now from stalkers, fans and general weirdos like myself, they said it would be unfair for him to do it for me and not for others.

Ho hum, I'll just have to try and get a ticket for his talks I suppose.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
He will do it at talks, as eds will tell you as he was there when I dumped a mountain of books on his desk and told him to get on with it! he even signed a shotgun match case for my eldest daughter! He's a great guy, no matter the ribbing he gets which is all in jest.

I believe that book has his ex missus on the front cover, whatsername that walked around the world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE