Get Together in Cornwall -- February

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 4, 2007
Newquay
I saw that smarvell said about a beachcaster for fishing, the area around the lake is pretty cramped. I would advise against bringing a rod longer than about 7ft as i don't think you will be able to use it but feel free to give it a try. As for the fish i know there are Perch of all sizes and small Roach in there. I found that spinners work very well for the Perch and maggots for the Roach. Happy fishing

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Very much looking farward to this, if this weather keeps up it should be a great camp! The wild food walk sounds like a great idea!!

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
What time is everyone planning on getting to Woodland Valley? Does 10.00am sound early enough? Luckily, I only live 5 minutes away so earlier is no problem for me.

I was thinking that this gives time for a good breakfast before we set out and plenty of time to set up camp before we start any activities.

Martin

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
I think it's about a 2hr drive from me but I was going to leave about 7ish, with an aim to get there for 9ish, I want to get as much as I can out of the weekend but I'm easy! What time does everyone else think?

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
10am it is, any luck with the dog situation? That is if u guys are all ok with it to of course??

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
10am it is, any luck with the dog situation? That is if u guys are all ok with it to of course??
Good news all round!.. I've just heard, Yes its fine to bring your dog, but, be warned: you are responsible for keeping it under-control, there is a neighbor with sheep and he does shoot dogs on his land!! So please just be careful.

And some Roe Deer have just been spotted by the pond at Woodland Valley with plenty of spoor about. :)

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Great news about the dog, she very well behaved, thanks for checking. I've seen RM cook one (eel not dog) on his wild food series but never tried it myself, b an interesting ( if messy) experiment!

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
If people wanted to meet up first and arrive at the woods in 'convoy', the McDonalds at Fraddon would be a good place to meet. Literally only 30 seconds off the A30 and no more than 5 minutes from the site itself.

As I only live 5 minutes from the site, out of preference I'd go straight there but I'm happy to meet up first to keep the party together.

Martin

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
I'm not meeting at a McDonalds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Can't beat the temptation eh??!!! Seriously, it's part of a bigger retail area but is easy to find and has a car park where we could all meet.

The farm we are staying at is quite easy to find but is a bit off the beaten track and I'd hate to think that someone was driving around in circles for ages trying to find the place.

Whatever people want to do I'm only too happy to go along with.

Martin

PS I wouldn't eat McDonalds even if they did a Ray Mears Bush Burger!!! :D

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
Mmmm banock baps with ant egg salsa! Don't give them any idea's! Mcdonalds does sound a reasonable place to meet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE