Get Together in Cornwall -- February

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
What an excellent weekend, me and me boy spend Saturday afternoon meeting a great bunch of like-minded people, Sunday, I find them on a forum. Many thanks to Ashley and Scott for the arrangements and invite, and thankyou to everyone for making us feel welcome.

hello

Matt

Hey Matt, great to meet you this weekend. The fungus we found was a Scarlet Elf Cup Fungus.Check it out here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/northwest/sites/inpictures/pages/fungus.shtml

Martin

Quarryman

Tenderfoot
Feb 16, 2009
Kernow
Hi Martin, great to meet you and everyone too. Thanks for the link, I had a great day and I'm looking forward to the next gathering.

Matt

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Sadly Steve, as you know, the weekend was pretty packed and didn't get much chance to take photos as I was too busy doing stuff. Anyway, heres a couple taken as we got the fire started with cramp ball and fire steel if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks again to Ashley for his superhuman patience!! :)

Martin

Woodland&

P1010199.jpg

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Just another thought. When are we going to do this again?

Anyone got any thoughts on the subject? The clocks go forward on 29th March so that might be a good time to lose the extra hour's sleep.

Martin

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Nice photos Martin, Alley did really well, she lit the communal fire that everybody used on the weekend. :)

I've got some photos here: http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ashleycawley/NaturalBushcraftBushmoot28thFeb1stMarch2009#
but like you said there was always something to do so I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. As for video, im working on a little one of the weekend, should be up hopefully in the next day or so.

We'll definatly do this again, I'll have a think on dates today.

Just to let you know someone else has submitted a bushcraft-gathering to my site NaturalBushcraft, I'll get the details up today (when im at work!) think its in Dorset around the start of May.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
Oh on the note of photos, if anyone has any of the weekend that they would be willing to share with me I would love to have them, please email them to me at my name (Ashley) @ NaturalBushcraft.co.uk and I will try centralise them all into one gallery.
Take care all,

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
hey guys, looking farward to watching the vid of the w/end ash, did u get much in the end? I'll have to check out this Dorset meet, isit on your website?

Paul

Oh and if anyone can ID the track on Ashley's photo (link below) i'd be really greatful:) photo 15/16/17 cheers guys, I'm kinda hoping that it's otter, but I'm no expert!!

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
I finally finished the video! Took me a while getting used to my new camera format & trying to get youtube to play it in high-quality, I've tweaked youtube's embeded-code & have got it playing at a higher quality on my site than it does even on youtube! :22: you can find it on the frontpage of: www.NaturalBushcraft.co.uk

To anyone who attended the weekend; if you would like one I will burn to DVD the video that I made, all photos & video-footage and post it to you, I will try to make the DVD playable for TV/DVD Players too. Message me your address if you would like one. All the best folks, hope to see you around the campfire again,

Ashley.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE