Get Together in Cornwall -- February

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Hello

I've been in conversation with a Rawshak (Justin) and Nightwalker (Ashley) with a view to arranging a get together in Cornwall in February.

Ashley has recommended a wood near to St Austell that encourages camping, doesn't mind fires, fishing (they have their own lake) and most other bushcraft-stuff.

As far as dates are concerned, how does either Sat 14th or Sat 28th Feb sound? Could include Friday as well but I have to work and couldn't get there in daylight?

Cost is £5 per night so not too bad and a good opportunity to shake some of the dust off those tarps and hammocks.

If you're interested, post here along with a preferred date and I'll contact the owners to sort something out.

Martin

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Ok, the landowner has got back to me and given permission to have a camp/meet of say 12 people or so. I think we should have met up and discussed it a little before posting it up for everyone but hey.

The 14th of Feb is just fine for me as its the start of my holidays, however a co-worker did just point out to me that this date is Valentines day; :banghead: :rant: My wife is very understanding so I'd probably be in the clear, however I know my good friend has already made plans, so its something to bear in mind and not forget men!

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
It looks like the 28th seems to be favourite. Can't wait for this to happen, what sort of things would people like to do when we're there?

I'm a hammock virgin so I want to learn how to pitch my hammock and tarp and get a decent night's sleep.

Martin

Oh, you think you're a virgin :) I'm used to camping with a car!

Personally, I'd be happy to just chill and swap stories.

It will be interesting to see how a larger group of normally quite independent people operate and how different skills are applied. I'll be bringing a note book.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Has anyone made a decision yet for a date as I now find I could do either day.

Andy

I don't believe that a date has been 'finally' set but my money would be on Sat 28th overnight till Sunday 29th.

Ashley is struggling a bit for time to devote to this at the moment and, if he can't get back to me by the middle of this week, I'll contact the land owner and book it for 28th.

Therefore, I could really do with an idea of numbers for the 28th so that I can let them know what they are in for. Hope this is OK for all concerned.

Martin

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
Right, medical crisis over now!.. Looks like I should be able to make it :) The 28th is good for me, by the way there's only 28 days to Feb, so it'll be 28th - 1st of March. PMs sent.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

One of these days, I'll get the hang of this calender thing. Definate for the 28th - 1st. ;)

Martin

shocks

Forager
Dec 1, 2007
Devon
Well love to be there but I'll be in sweden on the 28th so will have to let this one pass me by.....

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
OK then guys, time for a list of those definately coming on the 28th.

Nightwalker
Sainty
Andyraf
Smarvell
Rawshak

Please add your name to the list, seems like 12 would be the maximum number for this meet due to space. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE