German Army 100L Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 24, 2017
somerset
Looks akin to the long back IRR or vulcan as said, I have both and rate them, as long as they fit you well, there very good

Last edited:

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Looks akin to the long back IRR or valcan as said, I have both and rate them, as long as they fit you well, there very good

Its the first rucksack I've bought without trying on. Slightly keeching it but if its fine for camping/short distances that's fine. The Brucie bonus will be if its V comfy and I can walk up hills with it etc. Spending vouchers is easier than spending cash it seems. :p

Jul 24, 2017
somerset
How long is your back and how good are you with suffering :D both my packs AFAIR run about 16-17 inch straps to belt so fit well enough, the vulcan feels like it could do with a chest strap, but that is when I cram it with wood for the fire, I think your find that pack pretty good ,the clips an zips are tough so should be the cloth I like that in a pack as I have quite enclosed woods and you get scagging from branch and briar's

Reactions: sunndog

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
How long is your back and how good are you with suffering :D both my packs AFAIR run about 16-17 inch straps to belt so fit well enough, the vulcan feels like it could do with a chest strap, but that is when I cram it with wood for the fire, I think your find that pack pretty good ,the clips an zips are tough so should be the cloth I like that in a pack as I have quite enclosed woods and you get scagging from branch and briar's

I'm long in the back and married..... :frown:

Done a bit of nosing around, even watched a review of it in German (apart from ordering beer my German was learned from Commando comics) so it was more of a visual thing and it looks like its built to a good spec. I'll see when it gets here, report to follow.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Got the bag today, the courier tried to deliver it on thursday (and friday) but we were away camping so missed it. So far it looks good, it does look like a Berghaus Vulcan clone which is fine. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm away up the hills this weekend but nothing too strenuous so I'll give it a go, short distance but heavy load so the space will be useful.

First impressions are good though.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Is it an MFH?

They do not deliver to the Bundeswehr, so far I am informed. The quality is changing, sometimes this stuff is good, sometimes not.

So far I am informed, the Bundeswehr currently uses the old Flecktarn Rucksacks 65 Liters, and some special troops are Using different original Berghaus Rucksacks.

You can buy them used at Raeer in Hildesheim, where a lot of British and Dutch rucksacks are offered too.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
It was advertised as a German army mountain bag and I think made in Germany. There was a wee patch with 'Commando' on it which might be an importer, dunno. Looks well enough made and the zips and other fittings look robust. I'll be taking it for a test drive this weekend.
If its not issue I'm not bothered as long as it does what I need it to.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think in the neighbour forum it was tested, and they think it is ok.

Stuff produced in Germany for the Bundeswehr usually has a white textile shield inside, where they off course write in german language - and only in German! - and inform who produced it, when, where, and give technical informations how to clean it etc.
The List of original producers is long, but Miltec, Brandit, MFH etc usually do not deliver to the Bundeswehr.
Currently Carinthia and Leo Koehler are producing the most textile stuff.

"Commando" is written in German correctly with "K".

The old mountain troop rucksack, made from Cotton with leather, Cotton and fastex plastic closures or cordura with Fastex, was olive and had 34 Liters. Followed by the standard Infantry Rucksack Flecktarn 65 litres, Cordura, followed by the Berghaus Munro in olive.

Special Forces currently use several Berghaus rucksacks in olive.

At the Homepage from Raeer (Räer) in Hildesheim you can see, what they sell used as ORIGINAL BUNDESWEHR.

If they do not write "original" or "Carinthia", "Leo Koehler" or "Berghaus" it isn't original Bundeswehr stuff. New material usually you can buy only from this three firms.

MFH produced with "original Cordura". But You can do it too and at home. Because Cordura is produced in Switzerland and sold to everybody in every colour!

Last edited:
Reactions: Artic Bob

Jason Young

May 10, 2018
London, England
Got the bag today, the courier tried to deliver it on thursday (and friday) but we were away camping so missed it. So far it looks good, it does look like a Berghaus Vulcan clone which is fine. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm away up the hills this weekend but nothing too strenuous so I'll give it a go, short distance but heavy load so the space will be useful.

First impressions are good though.

Would be great to see some pics when you take it out on a trip :)

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
Would be great to see some pics when you take it out on a trip :)

Didn't take any last weekend but I'm away again next weekend so I will then.

Had an issue with the bag, the grab handle on the front wasn't sown in properly and the first time I went to lift it it started to come away. While it was a heavy bag, I'd carried it for about 6K up and down hills so it wasn't TOO heavy. I'll be getting in touch with the supplier. Apart from that it was comfy enough although like any new bag I'd be adjusting things to make it mine, assuming its not getting swapped.

Chomp

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2018
Round the back skivving
A belated follow up, I've put the bag through a fair bit of usage, while its still going strong, there have been minor issues and its not as rugged as I'd hoped. Aside from one of the grab handles coming away, in one of the corners the frame has poked out. Its still works but I've lost a bit of confidence in it so used it as an excuse to buy a Crusader. I'm not slagging the bag, I've put a few heavy loads in it, one was probably nearer 40KG than 30 which maybe didn't do it any favours and I need to cinch up the shoulder straps more often than I'd like but for the price it was worth the punt and has done a job. I'll keep a hold of it as another bag (mad hoarder that I am) and would use it again but it wasn't quite 'right' for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE