Wanted Genuine British Army rat pack tin openers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
Hi Guys
I'm looking to buy possibly 4 genuine British Army Rat pack tin openers, if any of you have some spare, I would be interested, thanks in advance

Faz

Mar 24, 2011
Cheshire
I know you’re after genuine but they seem cheap if you can’t find genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cascare

Dec 10, 2012
Cleasby
The shelby P-51 tin opener on e bay, they do a larger 2" one, good quality and as good as any i was ever issued !

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
The shelby P-51 tin opener on e bay, they do a larger 2" one, good quality and as good as any i was ever issued !

Good tin openers. I used to buy in the P38 and P51 Shelbys and sell them here and BritishBlades at cost. My memory may be a bit skewed, but the smaller P38 was issued to individuals and reckoned to take about 38 twists to open a US issue ration can, and the larger P51 to catering staff to open the larger catering cans in 51 twists. However, the P51 came later, so I’m not too sure. The P51 is highly copied, the P38 being very small and fiddly to use.

Of course, the P38 and P51 were also influential aircraft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE