Gentle Lake District walks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Maxwellol

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Manchester
Hi all

The Mrs and I are going away next weekend to the lake district. We're just staying in a guesthouse in Bowness, as she's not much of a camper so no real bushcraft activities for me this time around :<

We've never been before, so could anybody suggest some nice locations to visit or walks to complete? (6-7miles maximum please, preferrably circular!)

So far all we know is that a ferry can take us across windemere where there's lots of forested areas which we're both interested in having a look at. Is this forest pretty quiet at this time of year, ie is it worth me taking any kit to make quick brews with without being tutted at too much?

Also to consider is that we don't have a vehicle, so anywhere suggested needs to be walkable or accessible via public transport.

Thanks a lot guys :D

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Not about transport links but Grizedale is nice, a few different forest trails to choose from...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE