GB Swedish carving axe?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
Which side is the bevel on a right handed one? If I hold the axe in my right hand with the head upwards, edge facing away from me, the bevel should be on the right as I look at it.... Right?

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
I think you are misunderstanding the description. But saying that it is rather confusing. I had to read it a few times.
I think when they say it is 'grinded left side' that is the r/h axe with a flat or 'slightly concave' grind on the left and a normal bevel on the right.

That is how I read it anyway. I Think !?

The Large Carving Axe, Grinded left side, has a short bevel face on the right side of the edge, if the axe is held in the right hand with the handle down and head up. The left side of the edge has a longer, slightly concave bevel face, which provides excellent support when carving.

The Large Carving Axe, Grinded right side, has a short bevel face on the left side of the edge, if the axe is held in the left hand with the handle down and head up. The right side of the edge has a longer, slightly concave bevel face, which provides excellent support when carving.

Right-handed persons normally use Large Carving Axe, Grinded left side, and Left-handed persons normally use Large Carving Axe, Grinded right side, while the longer slightly concave bevel face come near the wood and therefore provides excellent support when carving.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE