GB SFA Axe Mask

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi All

This GB SFA mask has been made for a commission and was made from 3.5mm thick full grain shoulder veg tan leather with a 5mm saddle leather blade welt.

All stich holes were punched with a diamond awl and then the saddle stitching was made with natural coloured, 40lb artificial sinew that I heavily waxed with bee's wax. The closures are solid brass press studs. It is also stamped with my maker's mark.:cool:

It was dyed with 4 coats of Eco-Flo bison brown dye and the edges were dyed, burnished and then Edge Koted to give a waterproof finish. The welt edge was heavily burnished to a smooth blended finish.

I finished the surface off with 3 coats of RM Williams Saddle Dressing which protects and feeds the leather, gives a nice shine and waterproof finish.

Finally, the inside of the mask was given two coats of walnut oil to feed the leather and also to keep the axe oiled and protected.

SAM_0489copy-1.jpg

SAM_0492copy-1.jpg

Any feedback welcome :)

ATB
Craeg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE