Gauging interest, meet, north wales, Llangollen area. 12th-14th possible 15th too.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thought I would copy this over here too as its actually in Wales :rolleyes:

Hi All,

Would there be an interest in a meet at the above location?
I have a very good friend who grants me and a few friends permission to use his woodland for camping. The woodland is a very nice mix of broad and pine and the site has fresh water springs all over the shop so water is not a problem. There is also a compost dug out loo for those who like to sit.
I am hoping to get hold of a few staves to play with by then if I get chance so there may be some bow making on the go. Will be bringing a few bows to play with too.
The only thing that might put some off is you will have to carry any kit in with you that you need. There are some pots pans and kitchen stuff already onsite but everything else needs to come in with you. Its only a short walk but there is the odd gate to negotiate or fence depending on where you park. I would say only a mile or so.
There will be a few here who already know the site ;)
Oh fees, £5 per night per man. Abundance of dead fall wood to burn and fires are fine if kept small and responsible and cleaned away after use. Rubbish to be taken out with you.
Ideal for hammocks and smaller tents.

The only other rule is just be sensible or you will be asked to leave.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Pop your self down would be good to catch up again. A whittle a beer some bowing and general relaxing is on teh cards.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Bit of an update. I have managed to get hold of 3 may be more seasoned ash staves from a friend.
I would need to know if there are any takers reasonably quickly as i would want to work them down a little so there is more chance of you taking a bow home.
I would think the ash staves would be about £15 each maybe £20. A string would be about a fiver or so. So you could be taking home your own bow for about £35 which includes your camping fees.

freedom

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2011
liverpool
Hi Dwardo,

My name is Phil, I wouldd be interested in any future meets you are having unfortunately I am out this weekend myself. So if its ok with you I will keep eye out.

Cheers,
phil

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
There was no interest at the time so didnt go ahead unfortunately. May try and organise something later in the year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE