Gamo springer opinions please? Are Gamo rifles any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I would like your opinions please.

I used to do abit of shooting as a teenager am looking to start doing a bit of plinking/target shooting again. I saw this and quite like the look of it.
http://www.ronniesunshines.com/gamo-varmint-barricade

I used a crossman king ratcatcher as a teen but am looking for a springer as i don't want to be messing with cartridges.
I want something powerfull/accurate enough that once i have got more practice and expirience with the rifle i could progress to a few bunnies for the pot.

My price range is under £200 and in .22. This looks at face value like it would fit the bill, but i haven't been able to find many reviews of the rifle.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
That looks a good package, i'm also looking round at the moment for something similar. I visited a shop lat Sunday & the Hatsan(Turkish one's)also seem good value, in the price range there are a number of choices, in particular the HW99s, no package deal, but a good rifle by all accounts.

Rob

MongooseDownUnder

Tenderfoot
Jul 15, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
I have a Gamo CFX Royale and it is a very good rifle. Accurate and quite powerful whilst not being very fussy with pellets. The only thing I didn't like about it was the trigger so I swapped it out with a Charlie deTuna trigger.

Sent from my camp fire by smoke signal!

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Personally i would go for a HW, air arms, or second hand english made rifle.....maybe things have changed but gamo were always very much a second or third rate brand in my day

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I had an old Gammo lever action air rifle for years until i had to give it in due to the new daft license laws up here. It was never a massively accurate or powerful rifle (it was .177) but it was very reliable and easy to service.

Tonyuk

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You won't get better than a HW99s for £200 mate. To hell with Gamo when you can get a new Weihrauch for that.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
You won't get better than a HW99s for £200 mate. To hell with Gamo when you can get a new Weihrauch for that.
Agree 100% HW every time the build quality is second to none for springers the 80 I had on ticket was awesome got it for shooting around the farm buildings but mainly at my uncle Alec from 60-70 yds. I know it's wrong but it was fun.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE