Game fishing books

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Some of the more classic titles of game and sea fishing:
BOOKS NOW WITHDRAWN FROM SALE

Salmon Fishing - Falkus - really good nick - £50 SOLD

The Pursuit of Wild Trout - Mike Weaver - good nick - £16

The Trout and the Fly - Clarke and Goddard - good nick - £12

The Complete Fly Fisher - Peter Lapsley - getting old but good nick - £9

Saltwater Flyfishing - Paul Morgan - new / unread - £22

Trout Hunting the pursuit of happiness - Bob Wyatt - good nick - £15

A Man May Fish - Kingsmill Moore - good nick (inscription inside) - £12

The Complete Salmon Fisher (the life of the salmon - Greenhalgh - good nick - £10

Fly Fishing For Salmon - Richard Waddington - tatty jacket - £18

Open to offers and trades too.

books lr.jpgbooks rl.jpg

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Some cracking titles there. I have no's 2,3,4, and am tempted by 6.

Mike Weavers book, was one of the first I read. He used to be the Chairman of the Wild Trout Trust. Its ridiculous how much money fly fishing literature goes for.
A First edition would fetch £45.
C&G's book is a classic as well. [The T.V. series touching upon some of the topics was made into a TV program in the eighties, now on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJlMS2GfkTc&playnext=1&list=PL63074FDB72795CDB&feature=results_main]

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
I nearly had a fit when I discovered how much soem of the titles sell for, Dave. The Falkus books are worth a mint! Salmon fishing goes for up to £100 - Mine is in mint condition too... I had Sea Trout Fishing by Falkus too - that sold for £40.

Mike Weaver lives down this way and does our regional round up for T&S fishing reports.

I am always open for trades, Dave... :rolleyes:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mike Weaver lives down this way and does our regional round up for T&S fishing reports.

I am always open for trades, Dave... :rolleyes:

Excellent. Would like to have a session with him sometime! I'll think on the trades. All my stuff was nicked a while back, over £650 of gear in my vest!! So went with the chestpack, and am going to have knuckle down to some serious tying over the winter. I had not realised you wet a line S. :fishing:

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
I had not realised you wet a line S. :fishing:

Oh yes :D Trout, Sea Trout and Salmon. I am not that keen on still waters - I only fish Dartmoor rivers, it's more about a relationship with the landscape and the natural world than it is about angling (I dont consider myself an angler really). Robbi of this parish is also a keen fly angler.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.