Gaining permission to use land

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

How many of us have gained permission to use land?

• Total voters

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
Out of interest how many of us actually have a permission that we use ,don't include permissions owned by relatives.

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Ive gained permission for a parking spot(on farm land)for my beach camping area,but dont need it for the beach itself.I answered the last option which is because (a) i live in Scotland, and (b) not really counting the car parking as a camp spot as the location itself is approx a mile away and isnt on the same land.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I have a couple of places that I found after failing a lot, there are a lot of people who are just not happy to have anybody on there land, some were not even prepared to here me out after my initial contact, but the couple of places i have are belters so stuff them, When you do go looking be prepared for what is pretty much an interview about who you are what your intension's are, it is there land after all,keep trying you will succeed in the end, We are going to settle in Scotland so it shouldn't be an issue then:D

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
im currently looking for a woodland in the Leicestershire and surrounding area upto about 1 hour drive in any direction from Leicester its proveing hard to find land owners adresses or who owns the land i think im gonna start knocking on farms door's soon and just ask politley if they have time to chat to me about it if not leave my details with them to contact me.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
In my youth another lad and I had the free use of a 1,000 acres of land to shoot rabbits and decoy pigeon. We shot the land for several years until we both discovered women and moved away chasing careers. Now I am in my 50's I would love to have that back again but it's just not the same. In my day we would never ever see a member of the public walking on the land but now it's like the M1. Rights of way have opened up and it would be dangerous to shoot in the way we used to. I'm just glad I have my memories!

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
The joys of Living in Scotland I can walk, kayak, mountain bike and camp pretty much anywhere "wild" in a responsible fashion. Its great.
As stated in that ever so slightly historically inaccurate film Braveheart.

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!!

Just out of interest, do you have a corresponding problem with litter in wild places?

I remember Uncle Ray having a little rant once on a trip to Canada that people were bespoiling the very places that they alleged to love.

To answer the OP I kind of have a permission anytime to use a piece of FC land.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE